Loneliness Explored -our new podcast series on loneliness
Loneliness Explored is our new series of podcasts on different aspects of loneliness. Each episode looks at an aspect of loneliness whether it is bereavement, communities, conversations and psychology. Many thanks to our expert contributors including:
- Michelle Dawson, who has worked at the front line of social exclusion in the North-East in her role for the charity Ageing Better
- Andy Langford, who draws on deep first hand experience at Cruse Bereavement Care of helping the newly bereaved to find a way through their loneliness
- Deborah Hardoon who is responsible for leading the What Works Centre for Wellbeing centre’s research on what works to improve people’s wellbeing in the UK
- Lucy Selman from the University of Bristol, and has in-depth perspective of grief from her academic work which has focused on the psychosocial and spiritual aspects of the illness experience; decision-making and communication; family care-giving and bereavement as well her experience in founding the Good Grief Festival.
- Mike Niles from B-Friend, who founded the charity to reducing the loneliness of the elderly population in his local area of Doncaster – one of the most deprived areas in England
- Dr Gillian Sandstrom from the University of Essex who brings her perspective as a psychological scientist studying social interaction to help people connect to each other.
You can download each episode from all the main podcast platforms or below.
No comments on this article yet. Please feel free to submit a comment below.
The comments are closed.